ShoutPro 1.5.2 - Customizing
How to Do Some Simple Tasks with ShoutPro:
- View the Details of a Shout: In the shouts.php file, each shout is on a new line.
The various elements of a shout are stored on each line. Poster's name,
message, date, time, and IP are each separated by |^|. You can delete a shout by removing its line from the file, and you can edit a shout by changing the values in this file. Please note that all formatting, including the profanity filter, is applied when the shout is displayed and those formatting changes are not saved to the shouts.php file.
- Ban a user from the Shoutbox: To ban a user from the
shoutbox, first find his or her IP by looking in shouts.php as shown below. Then simply add
the IP to the file "lists\bannedips.php". Each IP should be on a new line,
starting on the second line.
- Clear the Shoutbox: In your web browser, open
the file "admin.php" in your ShoutPro folder. Enter the password
you typed into "config.php" and hit submit. A message should appear saying
the shoutbox has been cleared.
- Add More Smilies: Begin by uploading the smilie
image file into the "smilies" folder. Then open up "lists/smilies.php" in the
"lists" folder in a text-editing program. You can add or remove smilies
here. Make sure you follow this format: "SMILIECODE|^|IMAGEFILE|^|". Each
unit like that should be on a separate line.
- Add or Edit Restricted Names: Open the
file "lists/names.php" in a text-editing program. Each restricted
name and encrypted password will be on its own line, in the format: "NAME|^|ENCRYPTED PASSWORD|^|EMAIL|^|". You must use the User Panel to add new names. To delete a registered name, completely remove its line from the file. For security reasons, DO NOT edit the first line of the file.
- Edit the Profanity Filter: Open
the file "lists/profanities.php" in a text-editing
program. This file is in the same format as the smiles.php file. The first item is the profanity and the second
item is the filtered word.
- Add or Edit ShoutCode Tags: Open
the file "lists/shoutcode.php" in a text-editing
program. This file is in a similar format to the smiles.php and profanities.php files. Each line is in the form "OPENING TAG SHOUTCODE |^|OPENING TAG HTML|^|CLOSING TAG SHOUTCODE |^|CLOSING TAG HTML|^|" If you have a ShoutCode tag with no closing tag, simply leave the last two values on the line blank. Use the existing entries in the file as examples.
- Change How ShoutPro Looks: General style information for your shoutbox is stored in cascading style sheet (CSS) theme files located in the "themes" folder. By default, ShoutPro includes two themes, the default "Chrome" theme, and the older blue theme. Edit the $theme variable in config.php to select yor theme. New themes will be posted on ShoutPro.com.